Set single-season Oaklawn record with 61 victories in 2019
M and M Racing (the husband/wife team of Mike and Mickala Sisk) earned its fourth straight leading owner title in 2021 with 20 victories. In 2020 they had 27 wins and in 2019, they shattered Oaklawn’s single-season owner’s record for victories (61) and purse earnings ($1,782,351). Arkansan Dan Lasater set the previous record for victories (48) in 1974, the same year he captured his first of three consecutive Eclipse Awards as the country’s outstanding owner. Zayat Stables set the previous record for purse earnings ($1,275,541) in 2015.
• Broke Lasater’s record with four victories on April 7, the 43rd day of the 57-day meeting. Lasater won 48 races during the 50-day meeting in 1974.
• M and M Racing won 21 races at the 2018 Oaklawn meet to grab its first career owner’s title unseating four-time defending champion Danny Caldwell.
• Top horses campaigned include 2020 Pippin Stakes winner Special Relativity, who also won the 2019 Shine Again Stakes at Saratoga.
• Was also leading owner at Keeneland's 2020 Fall Meet.
• Mike Sisk, who grew up in west Tennessee, was a longtime racing fan before turning to ownership approximately five years ago.
• M and M’s racing manager is Cody Autrey.
• The Sisks own the Low T Center chain of low-testosterone treatment facilities across the country.
• The Sisks have a house on Lake Hamilton and spend much of their time there in the summer and during the Oaklawn racing season. Mike Sisk became interested in ownership after meeting Autrey when Sisk began building his lake home about five years ago.
• M and M considers Oaklawn its “home track.” M and M’s Oaklawn silks – emerald green and white – have “Hot Springs, AR” etched across the front and back.